Friday, October 8, 2010

My Friend, The Census Report

Thanks to the East Bonner County Library, I was introduced to Ancestry.com.  With just a library card, I had valuable data from decades of U.S. Census Reports.  What I have discovered from this alone has opened up a developing understanding of my mystery relative. 

One of the first things I discovered from the Census search was that Grandpa was listed as having been born, not in Georgia, but in Barnwell, South Carolina.  With this fact, I was able to go to records found through a Google search and find out more about that area and then the Canty line.  I actually found information on not only Grandpa but on many other family members.  I am still tracking down the details and trying to confirm as much as I can.   I would love to find any living descendants if possible with a goal of trying to find a photograph.  If you're reading this and have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment