Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Georgia? Really?

Augusta, Georgia.  I didn't know a thing about the South except what I learned about the Civil War in my history books.  It seems pretty remote to me on a daily basis.  Still, here I was with my very own grandpa being born in Dixie. 

It was a few more years of dragging my feet and the establishment of Ancestry.com before I was to learn anything further.  Working full time and writing letters to clerks was a time-consuming endeavor which I seemed to never 'get around' to.  I am greatly indebted to those before me who took the time and searched the records and made it available for those of us today to just click our little fingers.

So, Augusta, Georgia.  I wanted to know more and when the time came that I had more time and fabulous resources, I started my search in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment