Monday, December 13, 2010

Looking for Clues Among the Living...

So I took a little detour to contact a living relative.  I found my first cousin - once removed - through clues from an obituary.  With the help of Google, I found a telephone number.  I made a call and got an answering machine.  I left a message, but.... no answer. 

I know I must call again, but I hate to be a nag.  Still, persistence, right?  A friend of mine suggested to call again, and if I get the answering machine, remember to tell my cousin he can call collect.  Maybe that will make a difference.  Otherwise, I'll see if I can find the address and send a letter.

Being a genealogy "detective" keeps taking me on different directions and I need to keep focused.  However, in this case I think it is possible that this cousin who is also a direct relative of Thomas Walter CANTY, I might find some good clues.  If I'm persistent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment